The place where we waste time... Yeah.


    A Rose (Song)

    Share
    avatar
    Treble
    Admin

    Posts : 38
    Age : 24
    Location : Oregon

    A Rose (Song)

    Post  Treble on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:08 pm

    A Rose
    When people talk about beauty, they say rose
    When people talk about perfection, they say rose
    A human is no rose, nor should try to be, so
    A person should be what they know

    Try to be this, try to be that
    Wish to be this, want to be that
    You will do what you do, that is the case
    No need to change to avoiding a judging face

    Flaws all come with every person
    An error is something everybody has
    But then again, that’s not a reason to mourn
    Because even a rose will have a thorn

    You can cover them up, hide them away
    Try to only show one’s petals and leaves
    But, thorns will always poke through
    Showing everybody the real you

    The dew glistens off the petals
    Showing the true beauty of the rose
    Everyone will show what they can do
    Why change that to become someone new?


    Perfection is something rare, not easy to find
    You have faults, as do I, as will everyone
    But then again, that’s not a reason to mourn
    Because even a rose will have a thorn

    Every rose needs to be kept beautiful
    But even in that beauty you have the thorns
    All those blossoms take it a little bit of water
    No need to act like you are God’s daughter

    Hold a rose too tight, and you will be cut
    You have to hold a rose in the right places
    Can you blame a rose for what it grew?
    How dare they judge for what they think they knew

    Nobody wants to see a rose get hurt
    Nobody wants to see a rose get scarred
    Preserve your rose, protect from being worn
    Lest you let your rose be torn

    Fake smile
    Real thorn
    People are vile
    Try to make you mourn

    Ignore, try
    Never cry
    Because of a thorn
    You should never ever mourn

    Every rose is beautiful, in a unique way
    Everyone gets cut by one, at a certain time
    But that’s no reason to mourn
    We all have our own special thorn

    Even with a simple cut from the rose
    It keeps it’s beauty in your eyes
    I don’t ever want to see you mourn
    I love every beautiful little thorn
    avatar
    Den
    Admin

    Posts : 85
    Age : 27
    Location : Maryland

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  Den on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 am

    Not a fan of some lines, but I like the concept of using perfection and roses in a poem. It's something I should take into consideration, because I'm a perfectionist.


    And, er, Ferret, the "Art" forum was meant for all forms of art, including writing. =P It's fine though, we'll just keep this then.


    _________________
    I am da-shit.
    avatar
    LokiBeragist

    Posts : 84
    Age : 28
    Location : Missouri

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  LokiBeragist on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:40 pm

    I like that you have the order to maintain a pattern in poems.
    It's very pretty, good show ^^


    _________________
    I'd give you my heart
    And let you just hold it.
    I'd give you my soul
    But I'd already sold it.
    avatar
    Treble
    Admin

    Posts : 38
    Age : 24
    Location : Oregon

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  Treble on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm

    Den:
    Which lines? I'm still editing it.
    And, my bad..haha. Didn't realize that.

    Mike:
    Thanks. The rhythm seems weird, probably. But, because, it's a song not a poem, haha. So when actually played it's arranged differently.
    avatar
    Den
    Admin

    Posts : 85
    Age : 27
    Location : Maryland

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  Den on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 pm

    No, I mean I hate poetry. I hate half the lines I see in poetry. That means your doing it right. lol

    And honestly, I hate giving criticism, and some times when receiving it. Often times, half the criticism you get is because the critic's style is different and doesn't like the way you did it.

    For example, I hate long poems in general, so I'd tell you to get rid of half your stuff. Neutral I'm a pithy person, most times, so maybe you can have Sara attack your poem instead. I hear she likes confrontation.


    _________________
    I am da-shit.
    avatar
    LokiBeragist

    Posts : 84
    Age : 28
    Location : Missouri

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  LokiBeragist on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:29 am

    Treble wrote:Den:
    Which lines? I'm still editing it.
    And, my bad..haha. Didn't realize that.

    Mike:
    Thanks. The rhythm seems weird, probably. But, because, it's a song not a poem, haha. So when actually played it's arranged differently.

    Yussir, Im Holdon's good half on poetry xD

    I adore poems and lyrics. And I look at them through the words, not my lifestyle.
    Write like...a fuckin poem about moles drinking ....daisy juice.....

    And Ill like it xD


    _________________
    I'd give you my heart
    And let you just hold it.
    I'd give you my soul
    But I'd already sold it.
    avatar
    Treble
    Admin

    Posts : 38
    Age : 24
    Location : Oregon

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  Treble on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 am

    Treble wrote:Den:
    Which lines? I'm still editing it.
    And, my bad..haha. Didn't realize that.

    Mike:
    Thanks. The rhythm seems weird, probably. But, because, it's a song not a poem, haha. So when actually played it's arranged differently.

    But its not a poem...it's a song..haha
    If I cut it down, the song would be like, a minute and a half
    avatar
    sleeepygoron

    Posts : 81
    Age : 26
    Location : Minnesnowta

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  sleeepygoron on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:30 am

    Den wrote:No, I mean I hate poetry. I hate half the lines I see in poetry. That means your doing it right. lol

    And honestly, I hate giving criticism, and some times when receiving it. Often times, half the criticism you get is because the critic's style is different and doesn't like the way you did it.

    For example, I hate long poems in general, so I'd tell you to get rid of half your stuff. Neutral I'm a pithy person, most times, so maybe you can have Sara attack your poem instead. I hear she likes confrontation.

    why drag me into this? Sad I'll get spooked and run away!

    Meh, let me attack your poem (song, whatever) later. I'm dying of hunger.
    avatar
    Den
    Admin

    Posts : 85
    Age : 27
    Location : Maryland

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  Den on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:03 am

    Oh, oops. haha

    If it's a song, then anything goes, apparently. I hear other song artists don't even sing coherent words, so you're doing awesome (read: death metal lulz).

    So, Joseph, a song is about the sound. I dare you to sing this and add a guitar or something and then post it for me to hear. That's what I'd really like to criticize. Wink


    _________________
    I am da-shit.
    avatar
    LokiBeragist

    Posts : 84
    Age : 28
    Location : Missouri

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  LokiBeragist on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:16 pm

    Den wrote:Oh, oops. haha

    If it's a song, then anything goes, apparently. I hear other song artists don't even sing coherent words, so you're doing awesome (read: death metal lulz).

    So, Joseph, a song is about the sound. I dare you to sing this and add a guitar or something and then post it for me to hear. That's what I'd really like to criticize. Wink

    Like my sewer rat Dimmu Borgir xD


    _________________
    I'd give you my heart
    And let you just hold it.
    I'd give you my soul
    But I'd already sold it.
    avatar
    Treble
    Admin

    Posts : 38
    Age : 24
    Location : Oregon

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  Treble on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:39 pm

    Den wrote:Oh, oops. haha

    If it's a song, then anything goes, apparently. I hear other song artists don't even sing coherent words, so you're doing awesome (read: death metal lulz).

    So, Joseph, a song is about the sound. I dare you to sing this and add a guitar or something and then post it for me to hear. That's what I'd really like to criticize. Wink

    Piano, actually...
    Can't sing tho. Noooo way
    avatar
    sleeepygoron

    Posts : 81
    Age : 26
    Location : Minnesnowta

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  sleeepygoron on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:40 pm

    Treble wrote:
    Den wrote:Oh, oops. haha

    If it's a song, then anything goes, apparently. I hear other song artists don't even sing coherent words, so you're doing awesome (read: death metal lulz).

    So, Joseph, a song is about the sound. I dare you to sing this and add a guitar or something and then post it for me to hear. That's what I'd really like to criticize. Wink

    Piano, actually...
    Can't sing tho. Noooo way

    Pretty please, though at least? ^_^


    _________________
    Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies. ~ Till Lindemann
    avatar
    LokiBeragist

    Posts : 84
    Age : 28
    Location : Missouri

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  LokiBeragist on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:28 pm

    Treble wrote:
    Den wrote:Oh, oops. haha

    If it's a song, then anything goes, apparently. I hear other song artists don't even sing coherent words, so you're doing awesome (read: death metal lulz).

    So, Joseph, a song is about the sound. I dare you to sing this and add a guitar or something and then post it for me to hear. That's what I'd really like to criticize. Wink

    Piano, actually...
    Can't sing tho. Noooo way


    Audio reinforcement! AUDIO REINFORCEMENT!!!!! peas and carrots? ;-;


    _________________
    I'd give you my heart
    And let you just hold it.
    I'd give you my soul
    But I'd already sold it.
    avatar
    sleeepygoron

    Posts : 81
    Age : 26
    Location : Minnesnowta

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  sleeepygoron on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:32 am

    LokiBeragist wrote:
    Treble wrote:
    Den wrote:Oh, oops. haha

    If it's a song, then anything goes, apparently. I hear other song artists don't even sing coherent words, so you're doing awesome (read: death metal lulz).

    So, Joseph, a song is about the sound. I dare you to sing this and add a guitar or something and then post it for me to hear. That's what I'd really like to criticize. Wink

    Piano, actually...
    Can't sing tho. Noooo way


    Audio reinforcement! AUDIO REINFORCEMENT!!!!! peas and carrots? ;-;

    What do peas and carrots have to do with anything? O.o But I take everything to literally,so ignore me. Smile

    And Joseph, i like it. The rythem seems a little weird, but I know, it's a song, not a poem... even though the two always seemed like the same thing to me, pretty much. Did you want me to shred it and argue it with you? Cause I love arguments, but I don't want to argue if you don't argue back. >.>


    _________________
    Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies. ~ Till Lindemann
    avatar
    LokiBeragist

    Posts : 84
    Age : 28
    Location : Missouri

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  LokiBeragist on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:59 pm

    sleeepygoron wrote:
    LokiBeragist wrote:
    Treble wrote:
    Den wrote:Oh, oops. haha

    If it's a song, then anything goes, apparently. I hear other song artists don't even sing coherent words, so you're doing awesome (read: death metal lulz).

    So, Joseph, a song is about the sound. I dare you to sing this and add a guitar or something and then post it for me to hear. That's what I'd really like to criticize. Wink

    Piano, actually...
    Can't sing tho. Noooo way


    Audio reinforcement! AUDIO REINFORCEMENT!!!!! peas and carrots? ;-;

    What do peas and carrots have to do with anything? O.o But I take everything to literally,so ignore me. Smile

    And Joseph, i like it. The rythem seems a little weird, but I know, it's a song, not a poem... even though the two always seemed like the same thing to me, pretty much. Did you want me to shred it and argue it with you? Cause I love arguments, but I don't want to argue if you don't argue back. >.>

    ITS BECAUSE IM A PANDA ISNT IRT?! PANDAS LOOOOOOOOOOOVE ICE CREAM!


    _________________
    I'd give you my heart
    And let you just hold it.
    I'd give you my soul
    But I'd already sold it.
    avatar
    sleeepygoron

    Posts : 81
    Age : 26
    Location : Minnesnowta

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  sleeepygoron on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:01 pm

    LokiBeragist wrote:
    sleeepygoron wrote:
    LokiBeragist wrote:
    Treble wrote:
    Den wrote:Oh, oops. haha

    If it's a song, then anything goes, apparently. I hear other song artists don't even sing coherent words, so you're doing awesome (read: death metal lulz).

    So, Joseph, a song is about the sound. I dare you to sing this and add a guitar or something and then post it for me to hear. That's what I'd really like to criticize. Wink

    Piano, actually...
    Can't sing tho. Noooo way


    Audio reinforcement! AUDIO REINFORCEMENT!!!!! peas and carrots? ;-;

    What do peas and carrots have to do with anything? O.o But I take everything to literally,so ignore me. Smile

    And Joseph, i like it. The rythem seems a little weird, but I know, it's a song, not a poem... even though the two always seemed like the same thing to me, pretty much. Did you want me to shred it and argue it with you? Cause I love arguments, but I don't want to argue if you don't argue back. >.>

    ITS BECAUSE IM A PANDA ISNT IRT?! PANDAS LOOOOOOOOOOOVE ICE CREAM!

    I love icecream too. (?)


    _________________
    Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies. ~ Till Lindemann
    avatar
    Treble
    Admin

    Posts : 38
    Age : 24
    Location : Oregon

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  Treble on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:01 pm

    sleeepygoron wrote:
    LokiBeragist wrote:
    Treble wrote:
    Den wrote:Oh, oops. haha

    If it's a song, then anything goes, apparently. I hear other song artists don't even sing coherent words, so you're doing awesome (read: death metal lulz).

    So, Joseph, a song is about the sound. I dare you to sing this and add a guitar or something and then post it for me to hear. That's what I'd really like to criticize. Wink

    Piano, actually...
    Can't sing tho. Noooo way


    Audio reinforcement! AUDIO REINFORCEMENT!!!!! peas and carrots? ;-;

    What do peas and carrots have to do with anything? O.o But I take everything to literally,so ignore me. Smile

    And Joseph, i like it. The rythem seems a little weird, but I know, it's a song, not a poem... even though the two always seemed like the same thing to me, pretty much. Did you want me to shred it and argue it with you? Cause I love arguments, but I don't want to argue if you don't argue back. >.>

    Poems are not songs, but songs are poems.
    I'm in Mock Trials, I love to argue, haha
    avatar
    sleeepygoron

    Posts : 81
    Age : 26
    Location : Minnesnowta

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  sleeepygoron on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:13 am

    Oh great. Now I actually have to argue...

    I can't think. My brain is not functioning. What would you like to argue?


    _________________
    Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies. ~ Till Lindemann
    avatar
    LokiBeragist

    Posts : 84
    Age : 28
    Location : Missouri

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  LokiBeragist on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:40 pm

    Id fail but win at mock triaals, ask Den what I do to people if they say different irl xD


    _________________
    I'd give you my heart
    And let you just hold it.
    I'd give you my soul
    But I'd already sold it.
    avatar
    sleeepygoron

    Posts : 81
    Age : 26
    Location : Minnesnowta

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  sleeepygoron on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:20 am

    LokiBeragist wrote:Id fail but win at mock triaals, ask Den what I do to people if they say different irl xD

    You shoot them? Idk.DO I want to know what you do?


    _________________
    Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies. ~ Till Lindemann
    avatar
    Den
    Admin

    Posts : 85
    Age : 27
    Location : Maryland

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  Den on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:43 am

    He spits venom in their eyes. It's unsightly... Really, it is, you can't see afterwards, your eyes burn away.
    avatar
    sleeepygoron

    Posts : 81
    Age : 26
    Location : Minnesnowta

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  sleeepygoron on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:34 pm

    Den wrote:He spits venom in their eyes. It's unsightly... Really, it is, you can't see afterwards, your eyes burn away.

    Oooh?

    Ok... O.O


    _________________
    Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies. ~ Till Lindemann
    avatar
    LokiBeragist

    Posts : 84
    Age : 28
    Location : Missouri

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  LokiBeragist on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:30 am

    sleeepygoron wrote:
    Den wrote:He spits venom in their eyes. It's unsightly... Really, it is, you can't see afterwards, your eyes burn away.

    Oooh?

    Ok... O.O


    Its true.


    _________________
    I'd give you my heart
    And let you just hold it.
    I'd give you my soul
    But I'd already sold it.
    avatar
    sleeepygoron

    Posts : 81
    Age : 26
    Location : Minnesnowta

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  sleeepygoron on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:25 am

    LokiBeragist wrote:
    sleeepygoron wrote:
    Den wrote:He spits venom in their eyes. It's unsightly... Really, it is, you can't see afterwards, your eyes burn away.

    Oooh?

    Ok... O.O


    Its true.

    Wirklich??? Shocked


    _________________
    Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies. ~ Till Lindemann
    avatar
    LokiBeragist

    Posts : 84
    Age : 28
    Location : Missouri

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  LokiBeragist on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:43 pm

    sleeepygoron wrote:
    LokiBeragist wrote:
    sleeepygoron wrote:
    Den wrote:He spits venom in their eyes. It's unsightly... Really, it is, you can't see afterwards, your eyes burn away.

    Oooh?

    Ok... O.O


    Its true.

    Wirklich??? Shocked

    Ja Very Happy

    @ Den: HOLY FFFFFFFF A SNAKE!


    _________________
    I'd give you my heart
    And let you just hold it.
    I'd give you my soul
    But I'd already sold it.

    Sponsored content

    Re: A Rose (Song)

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:29 am